Opened 3 months ago

Closed 3 months ago

Last modified 3 months ago

#826 closed bug (wontfix)

file names scrabbled

Reported by: needno1 Owned by:
Priority: trivial Milestone:
Component: Generic Version: 7.6.4
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Hello

We were excited to see logicaldoc to be offered on qnap and we decided to test drive it with a project. But... The files we work with are named in a different language (greek), when they were uploaded in Logicaldoc their names were scrabbled!! Please see the attached image. The system supports many languages but only for localization of the interface (we tried nothing changed) and when adding new files there are only 5 languages supported. Anyway, file names shouldn't be affected.

Thank you.

Attachments (1)

Screenshot (9).png (29.3 KB) - added by needno1 3 months ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 3 months ago by needno1

comment:1 Changed 3 months ago by car031

  • Milestone 7.7.2 deleted
  • Priority changed from major to trivial
  • Resolution set to wontfix
  • Status changed from new to closed

unfortunately this behavior depends on how is configured the charset your Maria DB, this doesn't depend on LogicalDOC. You should check how to change the charset of your Maria DB and set it to UTF-8.

You could ask QNAP for this, basically you have to locate a file named my.cnf and there inside find the section [mysqld] and put the following:

[mysqld]
character-set-server = utf8
collation-server=utf8_general_ci
default-storage-engine = INNODB

Unfortunately we cannot help you more on this beacuse the issue is generated outside LogicalDOC

comment:2 Changed 3 months ago by needno1

  • Resolution wontfix deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

hi

I checked the setting in the database. They are as they are supposed to be.
I only changed the default-storage-engine to INNODB.
Actually all character settings of mariadb are utf-8. I checked LogicalDoc? collation and it is utf8_general_ci.
I restarted the LogocalDoc?, nothing channged, file names added in the system are scrabbled.

comment:3 Changed 3 months ago by car031

  • Resolution set to wontfix
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

you probably touched the wrong file, in any case we cannot help you more on this.
You can purchase a license, so with a support contract we could connect to your device and check everything. by the way we close this ticket.

comment:4 Changed 3 months ago by needno1

Hi

I haven't touched any wrong file. I just confirmed your "suggestion", that the database is setup as it should be!

Funny thing, other databases from the same NAS and same database handle correctly greek, even with "messing the wrong files", they work.

Trial version means, test the product and after a satisfied period, purchase follows. Your eagerness to close tickets, and your only reply there's nothing can be done...unless we buy (something that's failing 1 day of testing), let alone the long time waiting for your respond, and that only to close the support tickets, doesn't sound very promising.
So thank you but no, we won't use this product for our projects.

Thank you

comment:5 Changed 3 months ago by car031

dear, the setting you changed appies to newly created databases, the one you have is not UTF-8. you should uninstall, delete the DB and start again.

you can understand we cannot support every prpospect testig on any kind of device.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.